Membership of PSFU is open to business associations and organisations registered in Uganda. Our membership is drawn from business associations,
professional bodies, the corporate industry and public sector agencies â€“ all committed to addressing the challenges associated with developing Ugandaâ€™s private sector. The membership services include, capacity building, training, networking, mentorship programms and Business Association Awards.
The objective of the membership department is to design and implement programs that attract, retain and develop member capacities. This is in line with the mandate of the institution. Some of the programs we run include;Ã‚Ã‚Ã‚Â Training programs, Mentorship programs, Networking activities, Internship placements, Business guidance and counseling, Institutional support to member associations.
PSFU membership Criteria
Membership is open to legally established Business Associations, Private corporate bodies or other Organisation which supports private sector development. PSFU membership is categorised according to the following:
- Corporate Membership: This is open to only private corporate bodies engaged in legally accepted private sector activities.
- Ordinary Membership: This category is open to only business associations, professional associations and service based associations.
- Associate Membership: This category is open to Associations and Public /Private Organisations that support private sector development in Uganda.
Benefits of being part of PSFU Membership
- Becoming part of a larger body professionally working together to influence policy making processes that stimulate and spur growth of private businesses in Uganda.
- Directly benefiting from the funds available through the Projects managed by PSFU.Ã‚Ã‚Ã‚Â The various products include: Technology Acquisition Fund, Business Development services including Training of associations and individual enterprises, Better Business Behavior Award , Business Plan Competition , BUD-ERT, Corporate Social Responsibility AwardÃ‚Ã‚Ã‚Â e.t.c
- Involvement and participation in various business foras, sector working groups on policy and other concerns affecting the private sector.
- Ã‚Ã‚Ã‚Â Getting regular first hand information and business opportunities on the East African Community and other trading blocks in the world.
- Participation in the decision making process of PSFU by being represented at the Board of PSFU.
- Access to information at PSFU such as the resource centre, internet facility, membership register, free subscription to PSFU monthly magazine and periodical briefing notes on national and global economic matters.
- Enjoying a 10% discount rate on fee based activities of PSFU e.g. trainings, seminars, exhibitions, advertising (business directory) and conferences.
- Enjoying a 50% discount as an Associate member who wants to advertise in the PSFU Business Directory.
- Invitation to be a part of the Private Sector delegations that meet with foreign investors within the country and abroad.Ã‚Ã‚Ã‚Â
- Use of PSFU Logo in advertisements to demonstrate the spirit of working together in the private sector development.
- Training and capacity building of you and your members in the various needs that may arise including governance, financial literacy and other business related skills.
- Participation in PSFU networking meetings and member activities where you share ideas and experiences with other PSFU members
- Participation in our Member days where you can have one on one interaction with PSFU management staff team to explore and seize the many opportunities available at PSFU.
- Member visits â€“ every member is visited by the PSFU team at least once a year. Aimed at strengthening links and identifying organizational issues that may require advice from PSFU.
- Access to entrepreneurship skills and Business counseling services from the membership desk
Usefull Links to key partnersÃ‚Ã‚Â
- Centenary Bank Uganda
- Rwanda Private Sector Federation (RPSF)
- Tanzania Private Sector Foundation (TPSF)
- Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KPSA)
For Details Contact:
Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU),
Plot 43, Nakasero Road, Tel:[+256] 0312 263850, Mob: +256 752 470214Ã‚Ã‚Â
P.O Box 7683 Kampala, Uganda,Ã‚