EABC celebrates 20 years, awards outstanding companiesKathryn
November 2017 marked the attainment of EABC’s 20th Anniversary since its formation in 1997, a milestone to celebrate 20 years of dedicated advocacy for the Private Sector in East Africa and to showcase companies that have taken advantage of the EAC Regional Integration process, doing business across the EAC region.
The first edition of the EABC Business Excellence Awards, were launched on 10th January 2018 at Intercontinental Hotel in Nairobi, Kenya. The EABC Business Excellence Awards aim to recognize and showcase businesses that have achieved excellence in various aspects of their operations across the East Africa, keeping with the spirit of the East African Integration.
The winners of the first edition of the EABC Business Excellence Awards were announced and feted during the grand gala dinner at Kenyatta International Convention Centre in Nairobi, Kenya. The award ceremony took place on the evening of 23rd March 2018, after the high- level conference themed “Beyond East Africa – Moving from Aspiration to Action” as the culmination of the series of events organized to celebrate EABC 20th Anniversary.
EABC also awarded past chairpersons, development partners and high-level policy decision makers, to recognize their support towards EABC’s advocacy work over the last 20 years, as well as outstanding & distinguished service rendered to the Private Sector in their various capacities and responsibilities.
The winners of the EABC Business Excellence Awards 2018 earned the ultimate business accolade of business excellence among peers in the East African region.
The winners of the EABC Business Excellence Awards 2018 are:
EABC Chairman’s Award – Overall Best Regional Company.
- Equity Group Holdings – Winner
- Mabati Rolling Mills -1st Runner Up
- Chandaria Industries -2nd Runner Up
Corporate Awards – Sector Categories
Best East African Company – Building & Construction
- Savanna Cement Limited – Winner
- Roofings Group -1st Runner Up
- Steel & Tube Industries Limited-2nd Runner Up
Best East African Company – Financial Services
- KCB Group Limited- Winner
- Equity Group Holdings Ltd-1st Runner Up
- UAP Old Mutual Group-2nd Runner Up
Best East African Company – Media Company
- Nation Media Group- Winner
Best East African Company – Transport And Logistics Company (Including Airline)
- Siginon Group Limited- Winner
Corporate Awards – Cross Cutting Category
Best East African Company – Services Sector
- Vehicle and Equipment Leasing Limited- Winner
- CV People Tanzania-1st Runner Up
- East Africa Tea Trade Association-2nd Runner Up
Best East African Company – Manufacturing
- Bidco Africa Ltd- Winner
- Chandaria Industries-1st Runner Up
- Mabati Rolling Mills-2nd Runner Up
Best East African Company -SME
- Kentaste Products Limited- Winner
- Efa Product Solution-1st Runner Up
- Water Access Rwanda-2nd Runner Up
Best East African Company – Woman Owned Enterprise
- Aloesha Organic Natural Health Product- Winner
- Benchmark Solutions Limited-1st Runner Up
- Mohazo Eximpo Limited-2nd Runner Up
Best East African Company – Corporate Social Responsibility
- Equity Group Holdings- Winner
- Bamburi Cement-1st Runner Up
- The New Forests Company-2nd Runner Up
Best East African Company- Green Economy
- Bidco Africa Ltd- Winner
- Kakira Sugar Limited-1st Runner Up
- KCB Group-2nd Runner Up
Best East African Company – Innovation
- Safaricom- Winner
- Bidco Africa Ltd-1st Runner Up
- Savannah Cement Ltd-2nd Runner Up
The winners of the EABC Business Excellence Award 2018 have shown expertise and leadership in their respective business sector. Indeed, the awards will provide extra mileage in their marketing efforts and add more value to their brand as they continue doing business across the region.