EABC 20th Anniversary CelebrationsKathryn
Date: 22nd – 23rd March, 2018
Venue: Kenyatta International Convention Center
November 2017 marked the attainment of EABC’s 20th Anniversary since formation in 1997.This is an opportunity to celebrate 20 years of dedicated advocacy for the Private Sector in East Africa and to showcase companies that have taken advantage of the EAC Regional Integration Process doing business across the EAC region.
In order to commemorate this milestone, the Board and Management of EABC have outlined a series of activities aimed to re-position and revitalize EABC, so as to meet the needs of our members and the Private Sector in the EAC, within a dynamic and changing regional and global environment.
The activities include:
1. A one day event on Thursday 22nd March, 2018 for the East African Women in Business platform, focusing on improving the participation of Women in Business in the EAC Integration process.
2. A high level one-day conference themed ‘Beyond East Africa – Moving from Aspiration to Action’ scheduled to be held on 23rd March at the Kenyatta International Convention Center, Nairobi Kenya. The conference is expected to be attended by regional and International thought leaders, high-level policy decision makers from the EAC Secretariat as well as other line ministries, EABC members, industry champions and partners. The Conference is aimed at a candid reflection of EABC and its membership over the last 20 years, with a view to charting an action agenda for the next 20 years and beyond. H.E Uhuru Kenyatta, President of the Republic of Kenya and Member of the Summit of the EAC Heads of State has been invited to grace the conference. Participation at the high level one-day conference is free of charge for EABC members.
3. A two day Parallel Made in East Africa Exhibition will be held from 22nd – 23rd March, 2018 at Kenyatta International Conference Center in Nairobi, Kenya as one of the series of activities to mark the 20th Anniversary Celebrations. The exhibition offers an opportunity to promote Made in East Africa Products and Services for companies based in East Africa with products and services grown, developed or manufactured in East Africa. The exhibition aims to inspire an East African economy that consumes what we produce and produces what we consume.
4. The Inaugural EABC Business Excellence Awards (EABC- BEAs) launched on 10th January 2018, seek to celebrate companies that have consciously and consistently taken advantage of the wider EAC market, growing their businesses across the region and expanding into the 6 EAC Partner States. The awards provide businesses in East Africa an opportunity to compete for the ultimate business accolade at the EAC level. The inaugural EABC Business Excellence Awards will be unveiled and see winners awarded during a Grand Gala Dinner scheduled for 23rd March 2018, from 18:30hrs – 22:30hrs, after the High-Level Conference.
5. EABC will publish a Special EABC 20th Anniversary Commemorative Journal that will be availed during the Conference. The Commemorative Journal will highlight the role EABC has played in the EAC integration process over the past 20 years; its successes and the key issues EABC Members and businesses in the EAC region continue to grapple with. Additionally, the Journal will be a platform to advance conversations on the form and shape of the EAC integration, the role of the business community as major drivers of growth of the economies of the region and the developmental agenda of the EAC integration process.
For more information & details, visit http://eabc-online.com/index.php?/highlights/view/registration-open-to-attend-the-e